This NaBloPoMo thing is kicking my ass. I have no time to read and comment, I’m so busy at work it’s insane. I’m only working 6 days in the month of December and am running a huge event in January. So all the things that I would normally have to do 30 days before an event have to get done 60 days before this event, in addition to all my ongoing day to day stuff. And did I mention that my team is down 1 person already and another just announced that she’s leaving? And she won’t be replaced? GAH!!
Bullets it is, people:
- Curly had sort of almost recovered from his latest cold when his standard “I-went-to-the-pediatrician” cold reared it’s ugly head. When he sneezed tonight while being put into his pj’s I caught the double streams of snot in my hand because there weren’t any tissues or rags nearby. Motherhood is SO glamorous.
- Daycare is closed tomorrow for Veteran’s day. Work is not. Strawberry is working from home while I go to the office and my mother is coming over to play with Curly until naptime. We are so lucky to have our parents nearby.
- We took the plunge and registered for an online babysitter search. We’re in touch with a few women that sound promising. If we can get a roster of 2 or 3 reliable sitters we’ll be thrilled. We might even share their names and numbers with our local parent friends. I’m looking forward to finding cheap ways to have fun out of the house 🙂
- Curly is waking earlier than he was before the time change, but it’s doable. 6:40 ish, which is fine on weekdays but I am not going to be happy about it come Saturday.
- When we picked Curly up at daycare this afternoon his teacher began apologizing profusely. She’d been writing with a washable green marker and Curly kept trying to grab it, so in jest, she drew a handlebar mustache on his face. Let’s just say it’s not quite as washable as she’d thought, but it’s practically gone after his bath. Sorry, no pictures.