It’s that 10 things about you meme. We’ve been tagged twice (thanks Love Invents Us and Mama Karma), so it’s 2 for the price of one.
1. I have 3 tattoos and am currently considering a fourth. This was after I told myself that 3 were enough (after I said that two were enough)…
2. I love reading historical fiction, specifically Renaissance England-based or Egyptian/Roman-based.
3. I try to write every single day, whether it’s blogging in various places, in a personal journal, or stories/memoirs. Writing is my single greatest outlet.
4. I love animals. People in general, not so much.
5. I am a Gemini and frequently cannot easily make a decision and/or find myself in two minds about most things. Luckily I don’t think it bothers Nutella too much…she’s amused by it.
6. I get excited about celebrating commercial holidays, like Valentine’s Day and Halloween.
7. I LOVE bacon. Salty, crunchy, greasy bacon is a comfort food to me.
8. My fears include spiders and heights. Both make me freeze up.
9. I’ve acted in 4 community theatre plays but I think I’m done with being in theatre. I didn’t get into it until late (after college) and both the timing and my drive aren’t what they used to be.
10. I began majoring in Zoology in college, then switched to Psychology (that’s what my degree is in), and now I’m a code monkey.
1. I hold a degree in Musical Theatre. Pre-baby, I did 2-4 shows a year in pro, semi-pro, and community theatre. I miss it terribly but it will be a few more years until I can get back into it.
2. I don’t like to clean, but if it’s a particularly gross job that only has to get done occasionally, I don’t mind too much and even find it somewhat satisfying. Example: cleaning out a clogged drain.
3. I hate electric can openers. Especially communal ones, like those in the kitchen at work. I keep a manual one in my desk.
4. I’m a cat person, but we can’t have a cat because of Strawberry’s allergies. This makes me a shameless cat flirt at other people’s houses.
5. I’m FB friends and/or real life friends with all but 1 of my 4 exes.
6. I came out at 17 but never dated or had a girlfriend until I was 21.
7. I’m a terrible speller, and according to Strawberry, a terrible typist, but I get by.
8. I own an entire large storage bin of costumes to wear to Renaissance Festivals, and I made most of them, the most recent without patterns.
9. My first paying job was as a singing cocktail waitress on a river cruise boat.
10. I can fit my entire fist into my mouth.
We’re going to tag a few readers, including some newer ones:
a fourth tattoo??? !!!
Me too! I can fit my entire fist into my mouth! I’ve never met anyone else who can. It’s a great party trick, isn’t it?
Ha, Strawberry, you’re cracking me up with #5. That is C exactly!
Nutella, I love that you keep a can opener in your desk. 🙂
my girl is trying to achieve the entire fist in mouth accomplishment too! 😉 i’ve never seen anyone do it before…
S, I am the same way about spiders–no matter the size!
N, you can come over here and flirt with our cats, if you like!
Still laughing as I visualize you with your fist in your mouth.
Me too Strawberry on the duality of being a gemini. Cat is a gemini too so the problem is x2 in our house.
Love reading your answers.