A lot of random stuff has been going on lately…nothing worthy of its own post, but bullets should do the trick…
- We are getting ready for Curly’s 3rd birthday party (pirate-themed, arr!). It’s the Saturday after his actual birthday. We’re going to have a 3 year old in about 2 weeks, whoa.
- He’s plateaued with potty-training. We were off to such an auspicious start many months ago, but still have some hurdles to overcome, such as him actually asking on a regular basis and holding it during naps. If he’s not 100% potty-trained by September, he’ll be “held back” from the pre-school room, although we’re pretty sure he won’t be alone in that regard. He’s probably 60% trained at this point, but holding steady.
- We are getting our kitchen completely renovated. It started this morning, when the contractor and 3 other guys knocked on the door at 8am and the chaos began. We’ll share ‘before’ and ‘after’ photos. Curly is thrilled that there are “construction workers” not only at his school building the kids a new playground, but in our house as well, building us a new kitchen.
- Passover seders are no fun for almost-three-year-olds, but easter egg hunts are pretty awesome in his opinion.
- The boy’s first dentist appointment is this Wednesday. I hope it’s not awful.
- Speaking of awful, we got the dreaded notice of pink eye going around our daycare last week, and this weekend Curly was showing signs of it. He HATES the eye drops. Actually, hate is probably not a strong enough word. To administer the drops, we have to lay him down, one person holds his arms up alongside his head to keep his head facing forward, the other person has to basically sit on him, and we have to pry his eyes open to put the drops in, all while he’s screaming. Fun, no? We’ve tried reasoning and bribery, sadly to no avail.
Here’s a picture from Sunday during a much happier moment: