Just a quick update and a meme, since we were tagged by the ladies over at Oh, Susanica. We are rolling along here, just playing the waiting game now. There may have been some “dropping” action going on over the past day or so. Nutella is super uncomfortable and Cupcake is still super active. Birth classes have ended, prenatal yoga has ended…all that remains is weekly chiropractor and midwife visits. We received about 2/3 of the professional pictures our friend took last weekend, but are waiting on the rest. Hope to get some of those posted soon. We are delighted at the recent good news in the blog community, and are hoping for more to fill up the rest of Spring.
That’s all for now… “6 Things” meme under the cut.
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Nutella and I are going to split this 50/50.
Nutella’s 3 things:
1. I have a bachelor’s degree in musical theatre, and I act, sing and dance. I would love to be able to make a living doing it, but so far I have to keep a day job to support my addiction. I have been on hiatus while TTC/pregnant and shall remain so for at least a few years. I listen to showtunes every chance I get. Strawberry tries her hardest to expose Cupcake to other musical genres, but I’m pretty sure the damage is done.
2. I won tickets to the Madonna Blonde Ambition tour over the radio when I was in 8th grade. And for one day of my life I was the most popular kid in school.
3. I adore baking and enjoy tackling decorating challenges, preferences, and dietary restrictions. I did NOT make the cupcakes featured in our header and it bothers me that we aren’t using a picture of something that I made, but I haven’t been motivated to change it.
Strawberry’s 3 things:
1. As with many people, my “career” has absolutely nothing with what I set out to do. I went to college to study zoology/biology. That didn’t last long, although I love animals. I switched to Psychology, which is what my degree is in. I became a research assistant after graduation, but after the two studies I was involved in ended, there was all this data that needed to be organized and analyzed. I began learning database technologies and today I am a SQL Server programmer (“code monkey”). How far away from the study of animals and people can you get?
2. I have hiked along a small portion of the Appalachian trail (3 day, 30ish mile trip). When we set out, we (my ex-gf and a male friend) found out it was “National Nude Hiking Day.” We certainly didn’t want to hike nude the whole time, but we all dared each other to hike over the pedestrian bridge over a major highway, with the girls topless and the guy nude. We speed-walked across the bridge and at least one person driving below us honked really loudly. lol.
3. I collected comic books for many years in middle through high school. My addiction to them died many years ago, but I guard my collection well and am hoping I have at least a few that will be worth money one day.
I’m not one to tag, but take the meme if you’d like!