Back from Miami. A lovely time was had by all. The weather was astoundingly perfect. 80 degrees and sunny with a warm breeze during the day, dropping to a pleasing 74 at night. Our internal season/time sensors were very confused by 74 degree temps and darkness at 6pm. To us, if it’s that warm and dark out it must be fairly late in the evening and thus, time for bed. I could get used to it though, but bedtime at 9pm in South Beach is unheard of.
My blogroll had over 100 posts this morning, so out of deference to those of you who will be reading this from a similar vantage point, I’ll keep it short.
- Today I am 6 months pregnant. Running out of time!!
- Cupcake kicks and punches and rolls often. Last night when we stopped at their house on the way home from the airport, Strawberry’s mother got to feel him and I think she was thrilled. Cupcake says “Hi Bubbe!”
- My feet hurt a lot after walking around all day in Miami, but I did as well as could be expected.
- Depending on what I wear, I can look not pregnant to the stranger’s eye. Hence, I was taunted by restaurant hostesses announcing drink specials and questioned by waiters when I ordered decaf coffee.
- We are looking forward to 2009 and all of the success and excitement that it will bring, both to us and to all of you out there in blogland. Happy New Year!
PS. Oh yeah, bikini pictures. Here you go!