Things on my mind at 22 weeks:
- We have the most amazing kid room ever. It’s huge and beautiful and Cupcake is going to LOVE it. Hurray for my wonderful wife and mother outlaw for doing such a great job. I can’t stop staring at it!
- Cupcake got his first taste of roasted artichoke (my favorite food) via me last night. I made sure to close my eyes as I savored the heart while sending all of my happy food-induced brain chemicals his way. Strawberry doesn’t like them and it would be nice to share my love of them someday.
- Babies pee and poop. They need diapers. We have ideas about what we’d like to try for that. But we ought to start preparing for it.
- At some point Cupcake is going to have to get out of my body. I REALLY need to start preparing for that.
- Cribs and furniture are expensive. Need to get busy shopping for them now.
- The kicking is visible and feel-able on the outside. Which is weird, and wonderful, and wacky. And sometimes keeps me from sleeping. We even balanced a comb on the belly and watched it bounce with the kicking.
- One week from tomorrow we will be on vacation in Florida. And we will be wearing bikinis.