So we have in our possession:
1. The Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy for Lesbians: How to Stay Sane and Care For Yourself from Pre-Conception to Birth
2. The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy, and Birth
The top one seems down-to-earth and very readable. The latter one seems too full of new age crap for my taste.
I’m just now looking through Amazon’s other listings for books related to lesbian pregnancy. Let’s see….
3. Baby Steps: How Lesbian Alternative Insemination is Changing the World. Yeah- recruit! recruit! recruit! Also, I love the first comment someone made on Amazon for this book: I think all women should be able to decide how to live their lives and raise their children, whether with another woman, a man, both, or neither. Baby steps provides an alternative way to get pregnant without being penetrated by a man’s […]. Nice.
4. Confessions of the Other Mother: Non-Biological Lesbian Moms Tell All. This one sounds interesting, but I’m sure most of these stories do not apply to me.
5. My Miserable, Lonely, Lesbian Pregnancy. Sounds just as happy as The Well of Loneliness! It sounds good though: …reads like an intimate yet super funny, painfully true letter from my very best friend. Andrea is like a girl version of David Sedaris or Augusten Burroughs, mining perfect comedic moments from the very worst of life’s offerings. You don’t have to be miserable, lonely or a lesbian to completely relate to the hilarious journey that is Andrea’s life.”
And finally, Amazon thought I could use this product since I was looking at all these books:
Vaginal Speculums, metal, 3 sizes
Thanks, Amazon. Thanks a lot. *runs away in terror*